Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 31: Final Thoughts



I made it! It's been quite an interesting experience. I was quite surprised at how easy it was at times, and how hard it was at others. I hit a wall after the first week, feeling like I had run out of cute ways to style it, but then got a fresh wind. Then the last week, I just felt over the whole thing, and was sick to death of the dress. Here are my final thoughts:

Stuff I liked:
I am proud of myself for participating for the full 31 days.
I have more confidence in my creativity.
I feel more comfortable with creating a stylish feel for myself.
Feeling like I had conscientiously stepped out of the consumer dependent mindset.
I am more aware of the quality and quantity of my stuff.
Always knowing what my core piece for each day did take a lot of the guess work out.
Overwhelming support from my family and friends.

Stuff I didn't like:
Wearing a dress EVERY day.
Realizing I have WAY too much stuff.
Spending time managing stuff, when I could be spending time with people I love.
I wish I had been able to go on a complete shopping fast too.

Overall, I this was a positive experience, and I'm really glad I did it!

1 comment: